Tuesday, May 21, 2013

My Insanity Journey, as if Having 2 Under 2 Wasn't Enough.... (Part 2)

I'm officially through my first month of Insanity.
I've completed 27 workouts and burned well over 13,500 calories.

Before I started Insanity I had about 10-15 pounds of baby weight left to lose.

I wanted to delete this picture as soon as it was taken, but instead I saved it to show my progress.

This picture I cropped the heck out of so no one would see my stomach.  But hey, at least I was in my pre-pregnancy fat shorts.

Now, I know, "9 months up, 9 months down.".  But when you have a husband who is like, .2% body fat, you try being comfortable in your own skin after you've had a baby.

So the past few weeks have been horrendous.
Insanity is, well, insane.
The workouts are never easy, even after weeks of doing them.  Especially pure cardio and cardio abs.  It's pure exhaustion.
But it works.

About 2 weeks in.

Today.

Let me show you that again.


Same shirt and shorts.
The shorts are LITERALLY falling off me if I try to chase Little S in them.
After just 28 days.
I've lost over 9 pounds and at least 6 inches off my waist, hips and thighs.

Next week is my recovery week, then it's on to new, longer workouts.  I'm so excited and so happy to see what my body can accomplish at the end of the workout.  And it turn, this workout is making me a much happier, energetic person.  Yes, I said more energetic.  After my workouts I have so much more patience with my babies and I have such an incredible sense of accomplishment.  Insanity is my "me-time" and how I take time for myself to relax.  (Yes, sweating is relaxing for me.)
Obviously, there's still work to do.  
And I'm not giving up.

35 days left.  Bring it.

Unfortunately, Big S gave up on doing this with me about, eh, a week and a half after we started.  He will, however, sit on the couch and watch me workout....which I guess is motivating.
A huge thank you to everyone who has encouraged me throughout this and has commented on my progress.  It's really motivating!  Please keep doing so!  :)

M

4 comments:

Jacqueline Mack said...

Um, wow. Yeah, you look fantastic.

Whitney said...

I found your blog through Lauren Porter Rieke....I just finished my first time through INSANITY in February. It is brutal! Good job on not giving up. :) I found them to stay at ridiculously hard the entire time....but I was amazed at my results. (We had 4 kids in 5 years...all singles...so we are a bit crazy) I had some baby weight to lose and wanted to tone up all over - but it ended up being such a great "me" time. Glad to hear somebody else is taking the challenge on! Your writing is hysterical. Why it never occurred to me to recover with a glass of wine...I'll never know! Hope you have a great day. Keep up the good work!
Whit

Melissa said...

thanks jmack!!

Melissa said...

Thank you!! How were your results like?! I'm loving it so much! I can totally relate with the having kids close, mine are 21 months apart, so my body is pretty much ruined. Insanity has been helping though :) Would love to hear about your experience though! :)